Friday, December 30, 2016

Bible Quote Dec 30th John 14:1-3

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”
John 14:1-3
===
John and Peter, of all the disciples had a special relationship with Jesus. Jesus even allowed them time to commune with Elijah and Moses. John writes in a particular style that is also evident in his letters and in Revelations. Earlier, John had written that Jesus was the Word made flesh. That flesh was sacrificed by God, as a gift to those whom God loved, so that God could abide them Because eternal life is close proximity to God. And to perish is to be utterly riven from God.

Here, Jesus is telling his disciples about what his crucifixion will mean. In verse six he is answering a question to a disciple. The disciple has not understood how Jesus could have, through God, many rooms that he would prepare for them. The explicit answer was that Jesus would be crucified, but come back from the dead, leaving the Holy Spirit for his disciples, and all believers?

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What is the background to, and meaning of John 14:1-3? on Quorahttps://rumble.com/vc534b-bible-quote-dec-30th-john-141-3.html

No comments: